Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chicago with the Libbys'

So I know this was a while ago, but I'm getting ready to head back to Chicago this week, so I thought I would blog about my last trip.
So back in July, I took a long weekend trip to Chicago to visit my sister the flight attendant. I flew in Saturday and my sister came and met me at the airport. After a couple of hours in the airport, Libby had a friend flying in for a layover, we finally headed downtown. After a stop at Libby's cute little apartment, we wandered around downtown. We walked the streets of Chicago, road the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, and took a water taxi up the Chicago river.
Sunday we just went to church, then met up with cousin Libby and just hung out all day.
Monday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, ate some delicious food at Glenn's Diner (which was on Diner's, Drive-in, and Dives), went to Wrigley Field, went to a Goose Island bar and got some soda (side note, I am now addicted to their Spicy Ginger Soda! So good!), then ended in Millenium park where we saw the Bean and watched a free concert in the park.
Tuesday we ended up parting ways, and when I got home to Salt Lake I had discovered that my precious Amelia (that's my old Honda Civic if you didn't know) was stolen for the second time.
It's probably a good thing I had just had a fun, relaxing weekend or else I probably would have been much more upset about my car being stolen. Don't worry, I'm taking all the precautions I can with my new car. I'm sure she will still be safe and sound once I get back from Chicago this next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you then! And to see you since then in Utah! I'm really sad you didn't think Sprecher's was the awesomest rootbeer in the world.