Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Soup Kitchen

This is for my sister, so Libby you better be happy. Friday, Allison and I went to a little restaurant just down the road from our house. The restaurant is called the Soup Kitchen and they have a variety of soups and sandwiches.
Chicken breast sandwich with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and onions (the last two I picked off of course).

A cup of Chili, yes I know, but I've been craving chili all week.
Onion rings that Allison bought and we shared.
Here's the Soup Kitchen.
I also discovered a cool, used bookstore across the street from the restaurant. Another discovery that I've made, or better yet that Allison showed to me, is this cool new age store and cafe that is a couple of miles from our house. I can't remember what it's called but they have these delicious smoothies. They have a Mango basil smoothie and a Peach Lavender smoothie, both of which I tried, and both were amazing!
I need to go exploring more of the city and find a lot more of these hidden treasures. I am beginning to like it up here more, I haven't really made anymore friends up here, other than the people I work with, but I'm trying to enjoy my new life up here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about big cities--all the cool quirky hidden stuff. A Peach Lavender smoothie sounds so yummy!

Anisa said...

I'm all for a Mango basil smoothie... there are so many yummy places I miss in Salt Lake.