Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inception

*This does contain spoilers*
So last night my roommate Allison, her friend Gabe, and I watched the movie Inception.
I was told that when I watched this movie that I had to sit and watch it without any distractions, and I would tell anyone who hasn't seen it that this is a good idea. I didn't really have any homework to do, so I was able to just sit and watch this movie.
I found this movie very intriguing. The concept is hard to understand so actually paying close attention to what is going on in the movie is very important. The plot is very original and very intense throughout. As most of you know I have a hard time with suspenseful movies, and I was literally on the edge of my seat while watching this film. I still don't fully understand what was going on, but it really made me think. I tend to have weird, vivid dreams but I can't even imagine having someone enter into my subconscious, although that would be really interesting, I'd like to know what my subconscious would say. The point of this is to say that I did enjoy this movie, I might have to watch it again. I also heard that there are two different ways to take the ending of the movie, I personally thought that it had a happy ending. However, I didn't quite know if he was in a dream or reality when he sees his children again because he spins the top and it doesn't fall, but it looks like it is beginning to before they cut to the credits, and earlier in the movie DiCaprio's character says that when he spins the top if it eventually stops spinning that is how he knows that he is in reality. I can understand how dreams can be better than reality, but that's what they are: dreams. That's all I have to say about this movie, if anyone can straighten out any of my confusions please leave a comment, I would like to understand the concept better.

4 comments:

jessica renae said...

i just barely saw this for the first time, too! man...i LOVED it to death. it was crazy, wasn't it??? mind-blowing... no pun intended ;)

as for the ending, we watched it four times trying to figure out if it wobbles or not. personally, i want to believe it does. otherwise, i'll have to watch the whole thing again and i know i WON'T get it from that angle... ha.

Lib-Dawg said...

BORING! I only made it an hour into the movie, and after an hour I had enough. So i put the dvd in its netflix carrier and sent it on its way. Even my love for Leonardo couldn't hold my attention. AND I just want you to know that I made myself sit and not do a darn thing why watching the movie. But, I was completely bored and felt horribly bad for just sitting when I knew there was other stuff I should be doing. Yes the visuals were pretty cool, but the story line - guess it was to much for my brain???? I figured you would like it though. One more thing - everyone I talk to about this movie is in complete shock that I didn't like it. I KNOW!!!!! :)

Shellie said...

I really loved the movie it was so good. I did watch 500 days of summer because I thought it would be good. UGGH that story pissed me off oh well it did warn you that it wasn't a love story...

Mrs Buchanan said...

I love (500) Days of Summer! That movie is so good, it's an especially great movie to watch on Valentine's Day when you're single. :)