Monday, August 2, 2010

Boulder, Utah: Heaven on Earth

So this last weekend the Williams and the Griffins traveled the four hours to Beautiful Boulder, Utah.
We stayed in the Griffins' family cabin, north of Boulder. Our weekend was full of great people, great food, and tons of fun and relaxation.
We drove up Thursday and arrived in the late afternoon. We unpacked the cars and got everything situated. Then we had some yummy hamburgers for dinner. After dinner we watched The Bounty Hunter (which was really stupid) then went to bed.
The next morning was beautiful with clear skies and nice warm weather, so we decided that we were going to hike the higher Calf Creek Falls trail.
Here we are starting our way down the trail (this was hell on the way back up, just fyi).

Here we are at the waterhole at the end of the trail. Everyone jumped in, except for dad. Libby and Aubrey both jumped in as well!




Here we all are at the top of the trail. This is after we were done, that is why we all look so awesome.

We had to get a picture of the four of us, especially since it has been a while since we have seen Flint. It was really good to see him again.

After our hike we drove back to the cabin. As soon as we walked into the cabin it began to pour. It was so nice just listening to the rain fall against the roof. The rest of the day was pretty calm as we played games and chatted. That night we had delicious dutch oven that Dad made. Then we watched some episodes of Seinfeld before we went to bed.
The next day we woke up and had a delicious breakfast of Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. Then we drove down to Boulder and had some delectable milkshakes at Pole's Place. We also explored the gift shop, and some of us went over to the Anasazi State Park.
Throughout the weekend the boys went fishing. Cash brought some of the fish back to the cabin and cooked it for us. It was very appetizing.

Thursday afternoon most of us drove up to King's pasture and found this beautiful little pond. It began to rain while we were there and it was so gorgeous watching the rain fall on the crystal clear water.

Then we went back to the cabin and had some savory steaks for dinner. We of course had to get a group picture of all of us.

After dinner we got a group of us to play Nertz. It was so much fun, and I just have to say that I won both games without cheating. I was just faster than everyone else. ;)

Then Sunday morning we woke up, packed up, and drove back home to reality.
It really was a great weekend full of lots of fun.

7 comments:

Anisa said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad your whole family got to get together.

I'll challenge you to a game of nertz any time!!!!

Mrs Buchanan said...

Okay Anisa, you're on!

Lib-Dawg said...

Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I guess I did also since I was there...Although, jumping off that cliff was a little scary for me. And yes, I'm very dramatic!

Lucashell said...

you guys are always having so much fun..

I have not played games forever I so miss it... Especially Nertz...

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was a Boulder, Utah. I only know of Boulder, Colorado where Mork and Mindy live.

I used to play Nertz all the time, but I can't remember how anymore. You'll have to teach me next time we see you.

I think it looks scary to jump into the water. I would not have done it.

This looks like such a fun vacation! Hiking, fishing, rain, games, family fun. Wow. Idyllic. I wish I had family vacations like that!

Doty Family said...

Good to see all of you together. Life just gets so crazy! I need to go see you parents. It's been awhile!

Cashola said...

that picture of me with the fish get it the hell off of there.