Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another moment of boredom!

So the past few days I have been home alone in my apartment. I've been working full time at the library and then coming home to my empty apartment. So I've been really bored. I've had a lot of time to watch movies and sit in front of my computer screen. So since I've had a lot of time to waste, I've been surfing the internet. A popular site on the internet just happens to be youtube, and since there is a new Twilight movie coming out soon I decided to see if there were any new trailers. Well after watching the official trailer for Eclipse at least twice I found a few fan made trailers. I will admit that I was beginning to get annoyed at myself for wasting my time watching these stupid videos, and then I saw the Walmart commercial for the New Moon DVD and how you see these two girls and their mom watching New Moon and the girls are mouthing "I love you Edward" and I realized how pathetic women are today. We want this unrealistic love. Since I've had a lot of time this week, I've been writing, and all that I seem to write are love stories. I am a horrible romantic, I can't really help myself, I want to fall in love like every other girl, but it just hasn't happened for me yet. I've also noticed that the man of my dreams is only a figment of my imagination. The man of my dreams is 6 foot 6, Dark brown hair, blue eyes, preferably has a British accent, but I know he doesn't exist. That is why we read though isn't it. We can live these fantastic lives by reading. I love to read because it takes me to a world unlike the one that I'm currently living in. Back to my original point, it is fine to read the Twilight books, and fall in love with Edward, but he is a fictional character. FICTIONAL! Let's just face the fact that no matter what there will never be an Edward Cullen, or an Edward Darcy for that matter. There is my opinion on the matter. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm not bitter, I promise, maybe a little tired. I will say that I am bitter toward the people who constantly ask me if I'm dating anyone and when I say no, they blame me like it is my fault. If I had the opportunity to date I would, but apparently I'm not good enough for any guy, (Okay now I am being bitter). Just for all of those who like to ask me if I am dating anyone, no I am not, and it is not my fault. Besides I don't think that I'm ready to date at the moment, and it is NOT my fault. Okay I think that is all I have to say. Oh yes, I just want everyone to know that I have already pre-ordered New Moon, and am very excited to watch it again!

4 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

Dang girl - calm down. You are turning into me and you are still a lot younger than me. Besides, you shouldn't be dating because you need to get your degree and go on a mission still.

Thayne and Jenny said...

Oh my... you two are SO related!!! lol! Luv ya! ;)

Anonymous said...

I thought you were allowed to date once you turned 16...but I think it's perfectly normal to be happy and loving life even if you don't go on many dates. I think I got asked out by a total of 4 guys before Ethan. Total. I dated pretty much because I asked guys out all the time.

Anyway, your complaint with the whole Edward thing is like how I feel about Jack Weyland books. Even though these are supposed to be more realistic stories, I still don't think it happens like that. You don't marry a returned missionary and have happily ever after. Plus, life does not end once you get married. Seriously. All these movies/books look at marriage as the end of it all (even if it's in a good way). That's so not how it is.

Anyway, there actually ARE vampires. You can get your teeth cosmetically altered. And if you're more of a Jacob fan, I bet you could find a really hairy guy. So, the Twilight books aren't too unrealistic...

Mrs Buchanan said...

Very nice reasoning cousin Libby. I have to say that I laughed really hard. I'll make sure to find someone with cosmetic teeth.
Also I will try to hold in all of my anger until Libby and I come to visit so that you can see an outburst!