Wednesday, February 17, 2010

San Francisco Trip: Day 2.

Saturday, San Francisco, California, Day 2.
We woke up to a beautiful foggy morning on Saturday February 13, 2010.
We first went to the Palace of Fine Arts.

Then we drove down Lombard St, the most crookedest street in the world.


Then we went to the Golden Gate Bridge, and took a short walk onto the bridge. Now I have a fear of bridges, but I bucked up and walked onto the bridge. I was fine until I looked over the edge or if I stopped I could feel the bridge vibrating under me, but I can say that I walked on the Golden Gate Bridge!

After the Golden Gate Bridge we went to Fisherman's Warf, and walked around and bought a bunch of souvenirs.

Then we went at Boudins and had clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. It was delicious!

After Boudins we headed up to Ghirardelli Square, and of course I bought some chocolate...what I can't help myself!

We then took the cable car to Union Square, where we went to the Cheesecake Factory and got cheesecake.

I have to share my near death experience that I had on this trip. We were on the cable car and Erin and I were standing on the side and when we would pass another cable care we could literally touch the people in it. Well I didn't realize that there was another cable car about to pass us and I went to take this picture of myself. A lady who was also standing next to us grabbed my arm and pulled it into the car just as the other car passed us. It was really scary, and thank goodness someone was paying attention!

Here's Union Square.

Our last stop of the day was China Town, we spent several hours here.


Saturday was our busiest, and funnest day, but make sure to come back, I still have more.
Preview for next time: painted ladies, beach, and Haight and Ashbury

5 comments:

Doty Family said...

I wish that I had even an ounce of your adventurous spirit. Looks like fun and so many neat experiences!

Doty Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lib-Dawg said...

Ahhh - brings back memories! Iwish I would've walked on the golden gate bridge. And, what a scary experience on the trolley - good thing that lady was watching.

Anonymous said...

So, that picture was right before you almost died? That would've been freaky if you really did die, and that would be the last picture of you. Whoa.

I'm still jealous! Ethan will probably be going to a conference there in the next year, so we are going to plan a vacation together. I'm excited (if it really does happen).

Mrs Buchanan said...

You should definitely try! It is so gorgeous there, I would never live there, I felt claustrophobic because of all the people and the buildings are really close together, but I would love to visit again!