Friday, June 26, 2009

Purple Cauliflower! Who Knew?

So yesterday as I was shopping at Lin's, and while I was in there I was talking to my friend Kim on the phone and walking around the produce section buying celery, radishes, and cauliflower. Well as I was looking at the cauliflower they had purple, orange, green, and white. I was curious so I bought it to try.











So here I am about to try it. I know you are all wondering what it tastes like. Well the verdict is....

It tastes like normal cauliflower with a slightly different taste. I would definitely try it again! So if you see purple cauliflower at the grocery store buy it because it is yummy. Can also add color if you like colorful vegetable platters!

6 comments:

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

love it! Did you know I grew purple potatoes last year!? They tasted very slightly like black licorice, but mostly like potato....

Lib-Dawg said...

Nice blog...oh look you can kind of see the Williams new kitchen in the background. I love that they have purple cauliflower....it would make a veggie tray look so pretty - especially the way I put together a veggie tray!

Anisa said...

Interesting. Did you cook it by chance??? Sometimes it will lose its color when cooked.

I want to come and see your mom's new kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of orange cauliflower in the stores here, but I've never tried it. I've always wondered if it's natural, though...

I would LOVE veggies that tasted like black licorice!

Lucashell said...

Looks so cool!

Anonymous said...

Interesting ...
Looks like great...
Thanks for sharing...


___________________
Melvin
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions