Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dracula: Book vs. 1931 movie


OH MY HECK!!! If anyone has ever seen the 1931 movie version of Dracula you will know that it is hilarious! My friend Kim and I watched it together on Monday Night and all we did was laugh. It was nothing like I expected it to be. I read somewhere that none of the movie adaptions of Dracula were close to the book. Let me just say that even having read the book this movie was freaking confusing. The characters were mixed up, the plot was chopped up and mixed around, and the acting was grotesque. I admit that I was afraid to watch the movie at first because I scare easily which is why I made Kim suffer through it with me. However, it was the cheesiest and funniest movie I've seen in a while. So if you want a good laugh I recommend renting the 1931 Dracula and trust me you will laugh!

6 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

I'll stick with Twilight...are you going to buy the movie? I think i'll wait and ask for it for my birthday. Glad you had Kim to watch it with you.

Anisa said...

That's the way I felt about Twilight!!! Can you say... cheesy?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 1931 Dracula definitely not scary. Can you believe it would've been amazing back in its day?

Logan and Sydney said...

You really should read Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. It's short and it's the saddest story I have ever read other than The Count of Monte Cristo. I had the coolest Australian English teacher in high school that had us read the coolest books. Frankenstein will make you cry.

Anonymous said...

I agree--Frankenstein is a must read. You'd like it.

Lib-Dawg said...

Gosh - maybe I'll read Frankenstein as well...Jessie, did you buy it so I don't have to check it out at the library???