Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Future Husband

So the other day I was going through some old journals and I found this list that I made as a teenager. Remember in Young Womens one of the activities that we would do was to make a list of things that we are looking for in our future husbands, well I found my list and I thought I would share it for kicks and giggles. So here goes:
My future Husband:
  • Taller than me (at least 6 inches or tallers)
  • Strong enough to carry me
  • Attractive
  • Good at saving/budgeting
  • Likes to go to plays/musicals
  • Loves Lord of the Rings
  • Will sing with me in the car
  • Loves children
  • Can cook
  • A romantic
  • Will surprise me
  • Would die for me
  • My Edward Darcy
  • An awesome communicator
  • A good conversationalist
  • Return missionary (doesn't have to be)
  • A good provider
  • Has a testimony
  • Loves me for being myself
  • Spontaneous (to a certain extent)
  • Isn't caught up in the popular culture
  • Patient, kind
  • Will tell me I'm beautiful
  • Can dance
  • Isn't into material things
  • Has a good education
  • Has a good, supporting career
  • Loves to laugh
  • Will watch chick-flicks with me
  • Loves God
  • Active LDS member
  • Will let me make my own choices
  • Hardworker
  • Will look me in the eye when we talk
  • Would rather talk to me in person
  • Let's me have a choice of my own
  • Is on the same level as me, religiously
  • Loves to read
  • Will be good to me
  • Will have similar ideas for raising kids
  • Likes country music and musicals
  • Well toned/built
  • Has a sense of humor
  • Loves to travel
  • Loves animals
  • Will let me have a library
  • Will watch movies such as Pride and Prejudice with me
  • Will carry me to bed if I fall asleep on the couch
  • Will wear a wedding ring
Do you think I have a lot of expectations? I started this list in high school and added to it over the years. About a year ago I decided to make me a new list a more realistic list.

Here is my current list:
  • A worthy Priesthood holder
  • An active member of the church
  • Taller than me
  • Loves Lord of the Rings and will play Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit with me
  • Will surprise me once in a while
  • Wants children
  • Tells me he loves me everyday
  • A good communicator
  • Has a steady career
  • Strong enough to carry me
  • Is willing to work on our relationship
  • Will share the work, won't make me do everything
  • Will take me out on a date once in a while
  • Enjoys watching movies
I hope you all enjoyed my silly lists, they definitely made me laugh.
These lists may seem silly, but I think it's a great idea for every woman or man to have a list of traits they are looking for in their future companions. Some of the things I want may seem silly, but I'm a romantic and I love the idea of a man who can carry me in his arms.
To be completely honest, what I'm looking for is Mr. Darcy, at least my Mr. Darcy.
I really need to stop reading Jane Austen because she has given me unrealistic expectations for men. Anyway I hope you all enjoy and get a laugh, I know I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, your second list is WAY better than your first. I think it's good and not unreasonable whatsoever. The steady career thing may be sporadic though no matter how hard a worker your husband is. Here was my list:

1. A little taller than me.
2. A little older than me.
3. A little smarter than me.
4. Can keep up with (or beat me) in scripture chase.

Ethan filled all of these requirements. I must've had other criteria, too, but I never really took the time to think about it.

Lib-Dawg said...

NIce...does this boyfriend of yours meet the criteria? Hmmm...