Sunday, March 20, 2011

My First Race: The Spectrum 10K

I did it, I finally ran my first race! I ran the Spectrum 10K in Ivins with my sister Libby and her friend MinDee. My time was 1:17:52.3, and I think for my first race that is really good!
This is me running through to the finished line.
Me and Libby after we'd finished.
Me and my friend Kymn. She was nice enough to come and see me run my first race. She even made me a sign it says: "Go Jezekuh." We like finding weird ways to spell our names.
This is MinDee, Libby, and me at the end after we had finished the race!
I had a lot of fun running the race and I think that it is safe to say that this will not be my last race. Maybe I'll do a half marathon next...or I think I might just stick to 5Ks and 10Ks.

5 comments:

Lucashell said...

Yea the are so addictive. Congrats I so love running. I have lost a ton of weight I am only a couple pounds from being at my weight before I had west.. Its all from running..

Anisa said...

Way to go!

Thayne and Jenny said...

awesome jessie! i think you should do a half marathon. i only got just under 4 weeks of training for my half so you could totally do it! I did it backwards... i started with a half and now we're running that 5k on Sat..pretty sure i have no desire to. do a full marathon :). good job on your first race!
~Jenny

Lib-Dawg said...

First of all that picture of you me and MinDee - you look like you are in pain. And second, Those glasses that I'm wearing...not sure if they were worth the five dollars???

GOOD JOB ON YOUR VERY FIRST RACE!!!! I'M SO PLEASED WITH YOU. I SAY, JUST STICK TO 10K'S AND 5K'S. ;) However, I'm sure Shellie would run a half with you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I've only done a couple 5Ks, but Ethan and I have a goal to do a 10K one of these days. I think that's a great time you had, too.

Yeah, your face looks like you're in pain. Funny.