Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Williams family vacation!!!

So just to let everyone know, our trip to Alaska was so awesome. We all had a blast and had a ton of fun. Earlier I mentioned our few hours in Seattle and our first day in Alaska. So I thought I'd talk about the rest of the trip. One day we drove up to Hatcher's pass which is North of Anchorage and was so gorgeous.

This was where we stopped to eat lunch it was a gorgeous view.

We stopped at this river and played around. The water was frigid but we had a lot of fun, and my friend Camilla was trying to jump from one rock to the next and fell in. In fact this picture was taken just after she fell in and she was soaked and freezing. You can also see that mom even went and walked on the rocks and she stuck her feet in.

We visited an old abandoned mine which was pretty cool. There was a beautiful waterfall next to an old demolished building.

This was a beautiful little spot that we stopped at. The water was so pretty, and we had fun trying to catch a ground squirrel. We walked around a lot as well and the views were so magnificent. If you ever have the chance I would totally recommend going to Alaska if just to see the beauties of nature. One day we went to a museum, then went and visited dad's cousin.

We also got to watch salmon try and jump up a waterfall which was pretty awesome to watch. Sorry this video is kind of long but it is amazing. One day we had a chance to go to Whittier and go through the tunnel. We also went to an animal refuge and got to see bears, moose, bison, caribou, and lots of other animals.

We also had a chance to watch Libby as a Tour Guide on the trains, and I even got a video to humiliate her so enjoy!

We got to stay in Denali one night and got to see Audra. We went on a hike and got to see a moose. We also got to meet Noel, who is way nice, and Mom just loves him.
We also went down to Seward and got to go deep sea Halbut fishing, I caught two halibut even though I did get sea sick. Flint caught himself a nice salmon.

The next day we got to go on a marine life and glacier cruise around the Kenai Fjords National Park which was awesome. We saw Orcas, Humpback whales, sea lions, sea otters, seals, and porpuses. We also got to see a glacier close up which was really cold, it made me miss St. George, a tiny bit.
The last day we just spent time with the Wilson's and Libby. It was really nice to see the Wilson's again. We all had a great time and I think that we would all love to do it again someday.

4 comments:

Anisa said...

Wow! It looks cold. That would be a nice break from St. George. It looks really beautiful. Maybe we'll make it up there some day if Libby keeps this up.

Lib-Dawg said...

Glad you all got to come up...however you need to delete that video of me singing...ICK! As for Anisa...I think this is my last summer in Alaska - sorry. I've had my fun, but it's time to move on.

Mrs Buchanan said...

Are you going to finally settle down? Or are you just going to have fun in other ways?

Doty Family said...

J.D. says~ I wish I could go to
Alaska. Can I come see you? I like the video of the fish!! It looks fun. Thank you for the bear shirt. I wore it today. Jessie, I miss you! Goodnight.

Love, J.D.